Sunday, February 3, 2008

Scrapbooking.

About 2 1/2 years ago I decided that I loved scrapbooking. Not only loved it, but REALLY LOVED it.

Obsessed is more like it.

For the first 2 years or so my family and friends were the only people whom I shared my layouts with. I never thought they were very good, but they captured memories for my children to see when they are older and that was all that mattered.

Then I found a local scrapbooking store that had a message board. I decided to join and take a look around. The board was (and is) such an inspiration to me because all of the women were so complimentary of each other's work. I got up enough courage one day and posted a layout of my very own. Being so new I didn't expect much..........until........

Everyone told me they loved it and asked that I post more!

Wow. Really??? They wanted to see MORE of what I did???

So I posted more. And more. And more.

And each time they made me feel so great about it!

And now they can't get rid of me.

:)

5 comments:

Scrapperbee-Dina said...

And we would never want to get rid of you cause you are such a great inspiration! :)

Rachael said...

I am so glad that you posted at mlpa or I wouldn't have gotten to know you!!!! It is so wonderful, all the friends that are made through scrapbooking!! What a wonderful community!

Colleen said...

I made them get rid of the cans of Andrea-be-gone very quickly. We'll have none of that around these parts. :) So glad you found the store and we found a friend. I think we're the lucky ones.

alex said...

Its very inspiring to have a community that is very supportive. When I started painting mini's I found the same support. You post a mini and people are willing to give positive and constructive negative criticism. Its really what drives a person to create.

Its so different from other online communities that I've found like gaming, computers and programming. So its great that youve found a community and made some friends, and now you are sharing to keep it going!

Anonymous said...

Nope....we'll never get rid of you. You're one of us now....heehee. Welcome to the 'family' and of course, we look forward to seeing more layouts from you! You rock!

Related Posts with Thumbnails