Thursday, February 14, 2008

My newest obsession....

So we all know how obsessed I am with scrapbooking.

I believe we have established that already.

And what goes hand-in-hand with obsession #1? Obsession # 2, of course! And that happens to be photography.

It all started when I realized that the first digital camera Ron and I owned (years ago.....and the thing was as big as a small laptop) took nothing but blue pictures. I'm not kidding.....every picture had a blue tint to it. So when I started scrapping I HATED to scrap pictures from that camera because they were terrible. We moved on to a better point and shoot camera for a few years, and I was pleased. It took nice pictures.

Until someone spilled soda all over it and the lens stopped opening up.

We then got the camera that sent me into fits of extreme anger.

You see......a scrapbooker can't really scrapbook without pictures. And this last point-and-shoot that we owned could not take a good picture....EVER. It was crap plain and simple. When a special occasion would come around, I would take 300 - 400 pics so that I knew I would end up with 2 or 3 good pictures to scrap. It made me insane. I complained and complained and apparently Ron listened.

This is where we come to the turning point in my entire story..........

Ron bought me a Nikon D40 camera for my birthday last November.

Yep.....a "big girl" camera.

No more point-and-shoot for me.

I instantly saw a difference in the quality of my pics and then quickly realized that I KNEW NOTHING AT ALL ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!

I started by reading my manual and following a few blogs of photographers that I admire. I bought a few books and am now starting to take classes with a scrapping friend of mine (thanks Donna!!!)

I am seeing things differently now that I own a decent camera. I look at things and think that would make a perfect background for a shot or wow...........if I zoomed in close on that it would be so pretty on a layout.

I also pay attention to things like making sure a pole isn't shooting from the top of the girls' heads
in a photo.

This camera has really made me a better photographer.

And for that I want to say thanks Ron, I love you.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails