Thursday, March 20, 2008

Toaster "issues"

I did about 4 hours of Spring cleaning in my kitchen and downstairs bathroom today. It was in dire need of it, yes-sir-ee. However....there was one thing that caught my eye more than anything else.

The toaster.

Let me just start off by saying that I HAVE cleaned out my toaster before.

Promise.

I should also tell you that we are a family that likes our toast. Yep. Toast with butter and grape jelly, please. I guess we eat alot of it.

So....as I am merrily wiping away in the kitchen I take notice of the two trays at the bottom of the toaster and decide now is as good a time as any to clean those suckers out.

Only they didn't want to come out.

They were SO FULL of toast bits and pieces that I had to pick the toaster up to jar them loose.

Picking the toaster up only made the situation worse. The piles of toast crumbs started pouring out all over the counter and floor that I just got done cleaning. CRAP! Now I will have to clean them again!!! I rushed over to the sink, leaving a trail of the crumby crumbs on the floor as I ran, and let the remainder of the little buggers fall out into the drain.

Then I started shaking it. This is a good technique if your toaster, like mine, has managed to store up insane amounts of tiny little crumbs in it's depths. The amount of "stuff" that came from this contraption amazed me. It just. kept. coming.

I am not telling you this to gross you out. And I hope if you ever come to my house and I offer you a nice, warm piece of toast you forget we ever had this conversation. I am only telling you this because....well........it was quite amazing and I felt the need to share.

Have a lovely day and Happy Easter to all!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! That is sooooo FUNNY! You write so well! Luv'd it!

Mom

Rachael said...

LOL I take the toaster out of the cabinet vewwwwwy slowly!!!

Maybe I should clean it out today, we'll see how brave I'm feeling!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails