Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sewing on the brain.....

All I have been wanting to do lately is sew.

Eat, sleep and sew. In that order. These are the times when having a full time job really stinks.

Being a sewing newbie it takes awhile to get up and running with all of the necessary knowledge and tools.....and fabric stash. After about 8 tries I got the whole "putting in a zipper" thing down pat. All I have to say is thank god for the Internet and online sewing tutorials. Without them the zipper hurdle would have done me in and I would have had to avoid them like the plague for ever and ever.

A few ladies at work had me do custom bag orders which are so fun (one for her daughter for taking her stuff to dance class, one for her mom for Mother's day with a matching zippered pouch, and I am working on one for her daughter's bridal shower.)

I'm also planning on doing a few really cute teacher gifts for the end of the school year at some point this week, and I bought the CUTEST apple print fabric to do the job! How nice will that be to give them a handmade gift instead of some cheesy store bought item!

Anyways, here are a few of the things that I have sewn recently (and I plan on doing a whole bunch more)! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.....

Reversible headbands for Steph and Jen:




A bag and matching zippered pouch as part of my niece Karyssa'a communion gift:




Matching skirts for the girls:



And then I took this t-shirt and pile of fabric:



And I made THIS dress for Jennifer!!!!



The last one was a COMPLETE learning process and one that I will try again soon. It turned out OK, but there are a few things that I need to do differently next time.

Off to sew.......

:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have some great ideas and your projects turned out very neat and professional. I also love viewing others' sewing tutorials and making my own tutorials. Like you, I also think the Internet sewing community is absolutely wonderful!

Anonymous said...

EXCELLENT!! Granny and O'ma would be as proud of you as I am.

Love,
Mom

Marlene said...

WOW! You're are getting to be quite the little seamstress, aren't you!

Maybe you'll be available to make my dog an outfit soon? LOL.

Related Posts with Thumbnails