Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The pigs were flying.....

They must have been because I actually sewed something. On an actual sewing machine. Take a minute to catch your breath from that bombshell before reading on.

For awhile now I have had it in the back of my mind that I wanted to sew. Not sew a shirt or make a quilt or hem some pants, specifically I wanted to sew a bag. I have seen messenger-type bags on Etsy and thought that they looked pretty simple to do, but knowing my very limited sewing skills I thought it may be too difficult to do without some instruction.

Then, last week I got a wild feather where the sun don't shine and decided to just give it a try. Who cares if it was crooked and unstable?? At least my adoring children would love it. Hopefully.

I asked Ron set the sewing machine up, put the bobbin in, and thread the needle for me. These are all things that somehow my husband knows how to do. And I just don't. He keeps trying to show me but when things have more than 4 steps involved I tend to get distrac.......

What was I saying??????

Just joking.

I also can't for the life of me sew in a straight line so don't look too closely at the following pictures. Thanks.

The first bag was my original creation. I was sooo proud of myself for sewing something that would withstand a wallet and a pack of gum inside of it without falling apart. I love how it turned out. Afterwards I decided that in my next bag I wanted to try to add a magnetic clasp and a pocket. I know what your thinking. I'm crazy, right??? Well.....the second bag has both of those things (it actually has TWO pockets if you can believe it) and I made it for my friend Sue for Admin Assistant Day today. She loved it and all was right with the world.

So here you have them. Andrea originals. Thanks for taking a peek!




7 comments:

patti said...

hey chicka!! the bags look GREAT!!! i also miss my machine and think i may have to dig it out...thanks for the push!

Colleen said...

I got to see the original in person and it's FANTASTIC!! Love the new one with the magnetic clasp. Personally, I think all things should have those magnetic clasps! You're rocking that sewing machine!

Unknown said...

Great job these are cute and useful.

Marlene said...

Adorable!!!! You go, girl!

scrappermimi said...

These are so cool! You are multi-talented girl!

I feel the same way about the darn dandelions...my neighbors are spreading to my house and I am NOT happy.

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! You go, daughter!!

Mom

Beth said...

When you become famous, please remember the little people. LOVE the bags!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails