Saturday, July 12, 2008

Jellystone - Part 3


The Strasburg Railroad was only about 20 minutes from the campsite, so we took a day trip up there to see the sites and ride the train. It was our first trip there ever...and it was HOT outside. We rode the coach car, put the windows down, and sat back and enjoyed the 45 minute ride to Paradise, PA and back. We saw lots of corn fields, cows, and horse and buggies. The farmland in Lancaster County is just beautiful!

When we got back to the railroad we did a little souvenir shopping in the stores, got some homemade fudge (cookie dough fudge is TO. DIE. FOR. I'm just saying......) and some lemonaide, and made our way back to the pool at the campground to cool off.

A few shots from the day:




Ummmm......can I possibly BE any more freckly?? Is that even a word??? Well.... if it's not, it should be, cause dang am I extremely freckly in this picture!!!! :)

OK......I think I have one final post and a few final pictures left to share. Stay tuned for episode #4.......................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I could, I would live in Lancaster County! It is so beautiful there. As for Strasburg, my husband proposed to me whilst riding in the "Marion" car! Just can't take the train outta the boy!

Looks like you guys packed alot into your trip. The photos are great! Can't wait to see the rest!

Shirley

Just Me said...

The Strasburg railroad is fun! I was there last year. Looks like you had the same conductor dude we had!

Related Posts with Thumbnails